5. Create a writing schedule: dedicate the same span of time per day to writing and creativity. This gets you brain all primed a ready to perform. Give it at least a week to kick in.
4. Just 10: set a timer for 10 minutes where you write, edit, or brainstorm with little distraction.
3. Change your environment: head to a park, coffe shop, maybe even a museum to trigger some motivation.
2. Research: when you take time to read related articles and books it can help you understand your own point of view. Sometimes you can find glaringly missing perspectives in the literature and you can find your angle in the white spaces.
1. Stick with it: when stuck in writer’s block people tend to want to quit, but the more you work the article the more ideas you can get. So, take a breath, get some coffee and get back in there.
The little tiny hungry girl inside of me couldn’t let this moment pass quietly into the night. I LOOOVE macaroons! They are just so simple a chic. Truly the perfect snack.
And if you like macaroons then you have to get them from Bottega Louie. It is downtown LA’s little window into delicious French snackerie…yup snackerie, I made that up.
I mean look at this absolute perfection. Packaging isn’t just about putting a great product in a box. It’s about creating and tapping into the emotions of consumers. A lot of thought and research goes into creating these iconic designs. Different colors evoke different feelings, some may even make you want to purchase more goodies. I think that’s the goal.
Pink is the color of gentleness and love and evokes feelings of calm. It doesn’t make me hungry but since it’s my favorite color it encourages me to buy, buy, buy. Some of the effects of color are due to personal factors and preferences but there are definitely effects that impact all of us. It’s just evolution baby! For example, colors like red and orange get our attention because they have historically signaled danger. Thus, stop lights and road cones.
I’m so sure you didn’t sign up for this little lesson in color theory, you just wanted to look at pictures of macaroons. But now that I’m done forcing you to learn some random information, go and see how colors make you feel today. Ciao!