A Little Project!

Home February 28, 2012

I’ve been amazingly busy lately, but I managed to find the time to wade through a few pix and stumbled across this…

The crisp black and white ottoman reminded me of an embarrassingly wretched ottoman in my possession, in desperate need of some TLC.  This is what I started with-don’t judge…

1.  I assembled my tools; an electric drill, staple gun, exacto knife, thread and needle, and some great fabric.

2.  Remove the base from the cushion area by unscrewing the four attaching screws (thanx handy dandy electric drill).

3.  There were some structural problems with the foam so I used my excto knife to cut a hole in the fabric for some needed readjusting then I sewed it back up.

4.  Next, I laid the new fabric stretching it tightly over the original fabric (no need to remove the old fabric)- keep it simple.

5.  I stapled the fabric all the way around, thanx to my staple gun and a little upper body strength.

6.  I pleated the corners; just like wrapping a present.

7.  Reattach the base and YAY!!!

Advertisements

Comments 3

  1. Eustace says on February 29, 2012

    Ok you’re a beast!! That looks awesome! I need some tips/guidance on my living room set.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s