Today I gave my hair some tender loving kindness.
1. First, I identified my grade of hair (so I could plan how my treatment). Hair ranges from 1A-totally straight to 4C-Kinky Ziggly (that’s what they called it). I identified my hair as 3C-curly kinky, so I have pencil sized curls, I’m prone to frizz, dryness, and breakage. Identify yours HERE then get the CURLS ON THE GO free iPhone app for tips on curly hair treatments and hair style recommendations.
2. I exfoliated my scalp with a home made brown sugar tea tree oil exfoliant. I added 1/8 cup of brown sugar and enough oil to turn the solution into a gritty paste. I massaged the concoction into my scalp. Quite luxurious!
3. I then mixed two table spoons of mayonnaise and one egg in a bowl, then coated my tresses in the protein packed mess. I let it sit for approximately 10 minutes.
4. Two, or three rinses later, my hair was squeaky clean. I conditioned normally, but next time I plan on adding avocado to a deep conditioner like Pantene Curly Hair Deep Moisturizing Treatment.
5. I allowed my hair to air dry a bit and added more tea tree oil. Some beauty editors recommend adding oils and moisturizers to soaking wet hair, but that changes the texture of my curls. So, I typically add it after my hair is partially dry.
Thanx to my treatment my hair is noticeably shinier and almost frizz free. Let me know how it works for you.